Tuesday 11 June 2024

AWAKEN

When someone passes away, we read the usual obituary and announcement mentioning that "It is with deepest regret and sadness that we inform so and so has reached the Lord's feet (Siva Patham)". Now why would reaching the Lord's feet be a sad affair? Should not we rejoice, for the soul has reached the Lord's kingdom? Isn't that what we came for? This is also carried across when masters and gurus pass away. Did not they slog and work towards this achievement? Did not these masters teach their students to welcome and accept their demise with joy when the time comes? Did they not prepare their followers well ahead for the day? I consoled Supramania Swami's wife not to weep because Swami had told me he had seen the Jothi days before his passing. I rejoiced that he had reached the state for he had prepared me for the day, precisely noting the date and time of his departure in his diary and sharing it with me. Agathiyar tells us to face death boldly for it is but another journey into another frontier. Tavayogi's parting words to me from his hospital bed were that if in the event he did not return "alive" to his ashram, Mataji shall take charge of his ashram. He had relieved his responsibility of running the mission to his aid Mataji. He could leave in peace shedding his hold on the last piece of his work here. 

Dwelling on the subject of vegetarianism, what is truly vegetarian when the plants feed on the minerals from the soil in which animals and insects have decomposed and become food for these plants? What is truly vegetarian when the very water we drink comes from rivers where thrive fishes and other organisms? What is truly vegetarian when the air we breathe in harbors minute microbes? What is truly vegetarian when the blood that is given to us to save our lives comes from others? What is truly vegetarian when our body itself is a pack of meat? Becoming vegetarian is truly essential if you are looking towards transforming this body of meat into that of Light. Have you ever wondered what Ramalinga Adigal ate since his heart melted seeing the grains wither in the heat of the day? He is said to have eaten occasionally a morsel of food. He survived on the ambrosia that welled in him hence he could forego food.

Let us be realistic and not be fanatics. We have lost sight of our true purpose in coming here and taking after petty things. We have given importance to issues that are at skin level and not going within to matters of the Soul. I guess this is what Tavayogi mentioned telling me that I was living in Maya thinking that he was a saint and holy person seeing him draped in a saffron attire. He told me that he was a nobody and told me to hold on to Agathiyar instead who was residing within us. I am grateful to him to have blasted such ideologies, if I had ingrained them in me, on the very onset of our meeting.

I was saved by my gurus and Agathiyar. I am truly indebted to them.