Tuesday 4 June 2024

RETURNING HOME

I knew nothing about the Siddhas before the calling came via a Nadi reading in 2002. Agathiyar asked me to include the worship of the Siddhas besides the other deities in the Hindu pantheon of Gods and Goddesses. I took it up. But who was going to guide me? I looked up the local chapter of the Agathiyar Sanmarga Sangam Ongkarakudil based in Turaiyur. I step onto the premises of the mission in Dengkil. Three wonderful souls welcomed us with a smile and fed both my wife and me food to appease our hunger and materials in the form of audio cd's and books to quench our thirst to know more about the Siddhas. They were Anbarasan, Manivannan and Jayanthi. It added to the brief introduction to conducting a Siddha worship as conducted by Nadi reader Senthilkumar, as a form of paying a homage to the Siddhas for documenting my numerous lives journeys in these palm leaves. When I left for India the following year to carry out my remedies or Parikaram given by Agathiyar in the Nadi reading, I paid a visit to the patron of the society Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar upon the insistence of this trio. His teachings that I watched, listened and read taught me the theoretical side of the Siddhas. I now had an idea of who the Siddhas were and what they were capable of. But Agathiyar I guess was not happy with me just picking up this knowledge. He wanted me to tread the path. For this purpose, he had Tavayogi Thangarasan Adigal visit our shores in 2005. I paid a visit to him and told him that Agathiyar wanted me to come to the path. He replied that I had come to the right place, a local affiliation of his which he had come to officiate. But Agathiyar thought otherwise and had me get another initiation from Tavayogi and head for his ashram following his departure back to Kallar ashram. The night of my stay at Kallar Ashram, Agathiyar came and asked Tavayogi what he was giving me. I soon found out that he had Tavayogi take me places where Agathiyar performed miracles just as he had revealed shall take place in my Nadi reading. And so my travel began on the path of the Siddhas, guided by Tavayogi and Agathiyar.

By having me come out of Sariyai that was basically temple worship in 1988, Agathiyar had me and others he sent over to my home in 2010 perform Kriyai, engaging in puja and rituals, charity and feeding. Tavayogi passed on a set of Pranayama and Asana techniques in 2007 that Agathiyar said was a treasure. The journey came to a standstill in 2019. Then he came through his devotees passing on Gnanam or divine wisdom. We learned to look within for answers rather than seeking outside. The search stopped. All association stopped. All talk stopped. All reading stopped. The year 2022 saw internal transformations take place that jolted me out of my seat. But Agathiyar was on hand to explain what was taking place. 

What have I learned in these years of traveling the Siddha path? I learned Kriyai from the rituals and charity, Yogam by putting my body, mind and soul into it, and learned to see a different perspective of life that from the eyes of the Siddhas through the many brief moments they came through devotees and revealed the inner meanings of all the experiences both worldly and internal that was Gnanam. He taught us to drop them all at the end. He initially told us about Karma and its effects and the reason for us to take birth again and again and had us carry out remedies asked us to forgive ourselves hence dropping them too. As my wife at one instance told me that we were getting hooked and addicted, and "high" on doing puja and charity, indeed looking back now we are grateful that Agathiyar pull us away from drowning further in these pleasures that are sure to take hold and control us. He had us let go after taking in the experiences. We dropped worship; we dropped the rituals; and we dropped doing charity and feeding hence dropping Kriyai. We dropped all the exercises, techniques and practices, hence dropping Yogam. He even asked to drop Gnanam that he delivered after the experiences that came by, asking us not to carry it with us. 

So what do I do these days? I while my time doing nothing these days. I am at peace with myself. I am contented. I have returned home.