Sunday 30 June 2024

GIVING BACK

 

When Tavayogi was in Malaysia for the very last time in 2016 before he passed away in 2018, he expressed his gratitude to me for making him a household name bringing him to the attention of many seekers around the world through this blog and my YouTube channel. I did it without any expectation. I did not seek his attention or favoritism. In fact, when he expressed this at a gathering that we called "An Evening with Tavayogi" where we had all the Agathiyar Vanam Malaysia (AVM) family members gathered around, he took me by surprise. What else could I give in return for his time and attention on this miserable soul but to speak about him and extol his greatness. Supramania Swami too surprised me by asking me to do Tavam telling me that only then shall his stature rise. How can my doing Tavam help him? It looks like we are all connected, even with the lineage of gurus. It works both ways. We help each other. 

I only saw it right to expand the circle of people who knew Tavayogi and Supramania Swami as a show of my gratefulness to them for all that they showered on me and my family. I remember Tavayogi asking me to speak about the Siddhas when I drove him to Banting for the opening of a Peedham or affiliate branch of his Kallar Ashram back then. I was dumbfounded as I was pretty new to the path and knew nothing about them. My cunning mind looked for an escape route. I spoke a few words about Tavayogi whom I physically knew and deviated to singing the Arutperunjothi mantra where all those gathered followed suit. But I eventually began to speak about Agathiyar in later days out of love for him and shared how he started making magic and miracles in our lives and eventually gained ground in our hearts to the extent he tells me that we are one. Now there is no moment when I do not speak about him or he is not in my thoughts. We have indeed merged together. I am grateful to my gurus for linking me with the Siddhas and this bond.