Thursday 13 June 2024

PRAPANJAM

It has been a good 64 years. I shall be 65 this year. My daughter asked me what I would like for Father's Day. I told her I had no wishes. My only wish was for them to be well. I have everything a man needs. God has kept us well. And we are grateful. I have no regrets for I believe all my decisions were sound and well thought off and pondered over and appeared to be the best option at that moment in time given the circumstances. Even if it was wrong Agathiyar stepped in to console me that it was he who either grounded me or pushed me into it for want of those experiences too. 

Bringing all our activities to a halt, he now runs the show or so we thought. But there is no show and no show times. He has kept me doing nothing except for writing this blog. But there is this intense peace within and without these days. The calm and joy are overpowering. I just slip into these moments briefly without effort. What captures my attention then is the breath. I become the breath in these moments.

Coming to the Siddha path is not about attaining Siddhis that are much talked about. It is not about becoming saintly. It is returning to the soul, recognizing it and abiding in it. It is about losing ourselves to the soul, having it dictate the course henceforth. The soul being a part of the Param leads us back home to merge with the greater powerhouse. Ramalinga Adigal is said to have made numerous visitations before finally disappearing. And so, he connected us to the Prapanjam for one who has met Prapanjam need ask for nothing else. She shall serve him all his needs. She cares for her children's needs. 

How do we repay her? Heal her in times of ailment. Give back positive thoughts and speech. Conduct fire rituals. Sing her glory. But most importantly love her as she loves us. She is the very nature that sustains us. Touch her, caress her. Take notice of her. Embrace her. And she shall embrace you.