Tuesday 5 March 2024

RECOGNITION

One can be in the Siddha Marga for umpteen years but how has he contributed to its sustenance and upbringing amid others? Is it sufficient that we keep attending the weekly prayers and Satsangs we joined years ago at a center? Is it sufficient that we continue doing charity that we began years ago? Is this the goal of coming to the Siddha path? The general definition given of Siddhas is "the perfected ones". In what ways are they perfect? Aren't we to follow suit? How can we achieve this state of perfection? These questions seem to be of least interest to many on this path.

They are pretty satisfied with the above routines organized by others. When are they going to open up their homes to the Siddhas and other seekers? I guess it is too much work for them. Hence the reason to avoid. But there is this bliss in accommodating genuine seekers and souls intending to know and walk the path. Agathiyar too in reviving AVM asked me if only my family should see the joy and bliss in walking this path? He says "Out of ten who arrive out of curiosity, one shall come within the fold. That one might be the camphor that lights up instantaneously, taking up the practice and the ways of the Siddhas." We are to leave the door open for that soul. He tells me that it is wrong to keep Gnanam to oneself. He reminded me that the one who whispers Gnanam in our ears is not a guru. It should be made available to all just as the wind is available to all of creation. 

If Agathiyar sent several youths over to participate in my family puja beginning in 2013 and had me pass on Tavayogi's Vaasi or Pranayama techniques to a handful in 2019, I guess we are now qualified to take on the role and task of sharing whatever little Gnanam we have gained over the last 22 years. It has been a beautiful transition from Sariyai and temple worship to Kriyai and home worship to Yoga and now Gnanam. 

He explains each phase we went through all these years. "When you chanted mantras and did puja, you centered your mind. By doing these you showed love towards the guru. You began to know your Self. Knowing it all, when I was firmly settled in your mind, it was immaterial whether the statue was there or not. In passing through this journey, you gained clarity and understanding. You shall come to see me in everything. This is the zenith of Siddhantham (the path). This is the truth. 

Just like Ramalinga Adigal blew the horns on his achievements or rather the grace of Arutperunjothi Andavar that brought him to a state of a Siddha and beyond, and invited everyone to join him gain His grace, Agathiyar wants us to take pride in our achievements or rather show others to the means to gain the grace by the Siddhas too. He says that the Siddhas shall then show them Sivam. Sivam in turn shall show them Param. 

"You have acquired immense experience. Announce proudly that the show has come to an end. Announce you have seen the bliss of Param or ParamAnandham. Announce you have seen Chidambaram. Announce you have reached this state. You saw with your eyes. You felt it. What more?"

I stood by humbled to the core when he said all these. I still cannot come out of the state of wonder and disbelief. Was he actually talking about me, I asked myself. Then I saw myself in the mirror. I knew there was truth in his words. I stood under the open skies. I knew there was truth in his words. As he asked, what more could a student ask for. I am deeply indebted to Agathiyar and the other Siddhas, and my gurus in the physical form and their lineages. I guess we have made them proud.