Friday 22 March 2024

THE LAST LEG OF LETTING GO

I was called for a Nadi reading yesterday after a long time since my last reading in September 2019, though Mataji had given two readings on her two subsequent visits to AVM for all those gathered after that. 

Agathiyar in the form of the bronze statue was going to return to AVM this Sunday, cutting short his holidays. He was initially supposed to come for Guru Purnima in July. Agathiyar who was pleased that I had let go of my attachment to his statue and sent him off on holiday to the homes of other devotees, asked me when was I going to let go of my attachment to him? When I asked him how could I, he replied aren't we one soul? The day we realize we are one is the day that we come to the realization that everything else is Maya. 

Agathiyar told us some time back that when we fully understand ourselves and gain self-realization; when we understand the Ganangal or Bhuta Gnanangal; and come to finally realize that nothing is permanent, at that moment we shall enter and remain in the void of space (Vezhi Kadappathu), a state of Sunyam or void or silence that is the true state of Being or Summa Erupathu. 

உன்னை நீ முழுதும் அறிந்து உன்னைச் சுற்றி இருக்கும் கணங்கள் அறிந்து எதுவும் நிலை அற்றது என்று நீ அறியும் அத்தருணம் வெளிக்குள் நீயே வெளி கடப்பாய். அத்தருணமே சும்மா இருப்பது.

As I had refused all the gifts be it the gift of reading the Nadi, healing others, building a temple, etc that came my way, and dropping the puja and rituals, the association, position, glamour, and attention, it was time to even drop being a vehicle and a messenger. This is the last leg of letting go. This too is Maya I came to understand. I guess it is time we just be the Self, and be aware of the presence within us. I guess this would be the last post too - unless he decides otherwise.