Thursday 28 March 2024

THE UNMANIFESTED

In having us create AVM with the arrival of Agathiyar in the form of a bronze statue in 2010, he sustained it with the arrival of seekers in 2013, whom he brought over. He had us bring our home puja into the temples and carry out charity. He then brought it all to a close in 2019. He began his divine play or Lila and finally through sharing his Divine Wisdom or Gnanam, he began to draw the curtain or veil gradually and exposed Maya and its play.

Agathiyar many years back had told me that all the Siddhas were the manifestations of the One, taking on the form, name, and role for a specific reason and purpose, and asked me to keep it to myself until he told me to reveal it later. Recently he hauled over all the 18 Siddhas including Bhogar. Later when he told me that it was all his divine play and that it was all Maya, I saw all the forms and names dissolve into thin air. Telling me that I had passed the test in sending his bronze statue away, he asked me when was I going to let go of my attachment to him. When I asked how could I, he told me it was possible since our souls are one.

I understood that all that is manifested in form and name is Maya. Only the unmanifested was, is, and forever in existence. 

The songs of the saints eventually bring us to this realization. For instance, when I was searching for songs that I could include and sing during my puja, I came across a plea by Thavathiru Rengaraja Desigar to ask the Siddhas to come down and lead us to the source, which later brought me to Tavayogi and had him volunteer to take me to all the sacred abodes of the Siddhas. 

அகத்தீசா உனது சீடர்களாகிய ஒன்பது கோடி பேரும் என்னை சூழ்ந்திருந்து நான் விரும்பியதெல்லாம் முடித்து வைப்பதோடு மட்டுமல்லாது உன்னுடைய மலையாகிய பொதிகைக்கு என்னை அழைத்துவர என்னை சீடனாக நீ ஏற்றுக்கொள்ள வேண்டும். நான் உய்வதற்கு அருள் புரிய வேண்டும். உனது அருள் பூரணமாக பெற்றல் வேண்டும்,

When Tavayogi took me to Agathiyar’s abodes, he would point out to me that the Siddhas were ushering us, following us, and showering us with flower petals. I would look back at him with bewildered eyes, yet choose to believe and move on. We now realize the truth in his words since experience has taught us much. The line "வந்தித்தேன் உந்தன் பாதம் வானமுந் திறந்தாய் போற்றி", from a song in praise of Agathiyar, saw Agathiyar open the gates to heaven and the saintly ones come down in droves.

ஐயனே போற்றி போற்றி அருள்பெற்ற தேவே போற்றி
மெய்யனே போற்றி போற்றி மெய்சுடர் அணிந்தாய் போற்றி
கையனே போற்றி போற்றி காசினி முனிவா போற்றி
உய்யனே எனையாட் கொண்ட உந்தியில் உதிக்குந்தேவே
உந்தியிலுதிக்குந்தேவே ஒருபொருள் உகந்தாய் போற்றி
சிந்தையில் நினைந்த போதே திருநாட மிட்டாய் போற்றி
வந்தித்தேன் உந்தன் பாதம் வானமுந் திறந்தாய் போற்றி
அந்தித்தேன் குருவே ஐயா அடியினைப் போற்றி போற்றி,

Nakirar's Vinayagar Thiru Agaval which I adopted and that we sang at AVM had materialized too. Nakirar pleads with Lord Ganesha to bring the guru within where both the guru and disciple shall spend hours in silence, connecting with each other in silence, receiving direct knowledge and illumination in that sacred moment of silent discourse. Nakirar speaks about it all being Maya and a dream. We stepped into this space where Agathiyar passed on his Gnanam helping us distinguish between Maya and the Absolute.

மோன ஞான முழுது மளித்துச்
சிற்பரி பூரண சிவத்தைக் காண
நற்சிவ நிஷ்கள நாட்டமுந் தந்து
குருவுஞ் சீஷனுங் கூடிக் கலந்து
இருவரு மொருதனி யிடந்தனிற் சேர்ந்து
தானந்த மாகித் தற்பர வெளியில்
ஆனந்த போத அறிவைக் கலந்து
புவனத் தொழிலைப் பொய்யென் றுணர்ந்து
மவுன முத்திரையை மனத்தினி லிருத்திப்
பெண்டு பிள்ளை பண்டு பதார்த்தங்
கண்டது மாயைக் கனவென காட்டிப்
பாச பந்தப் பவக்கடல் நீக்கி
ஈச னிணையடி யிருத்தி மனத்தே
நீயே நானாய் நானே நீயாய்க்
காயா புரியைக் கனவென வுணர்ந்து
எல்லா முன்செய லென்றே யுணர
நல்லா யுள்ளருள் நாட்டந் தருவாய்
காரண குருவே கற்பகக் களிறே
வாரண முகத்து வள்ளலே போற்றி

We can relate to the following song on Bhagawan Ramana and Arunachala when Agathiyar tells us that our souls are one. 


On another note, if we usually breathe through our nostrils, my skin too has begun to breathe. The piercing in the crown of my head is still there. The feeling of being drenched in something is constantly felt in the crown and seems to cover half my head. The breath is so sweet that I cannot compare it to another or describe it. It is indeed wonderful.